Pure Data is an easy to use and powerful audio programming language which allows anybody with basic programming skills to create simple effects for guitar.
I try to post examples on a regular basis. Below is a list of all the effects that can be found on this blog. Some of them simply mimic classic guitar stompboxes (wha-wha, fuzz/overdrive, delay, etc.) while others are meant to demonstrate how Pd can be used to create entirely new and orginial effects.
- Creating a simple delay effect
- Simple Fuzz effect
- Phaser/Chorus effect
- Tremolo effect
- Simple monophonic FM synthesizer
- Wha-wha (auto)
- Step-vibrato effect for guitar
- Reverb Effect
- Ring modulator effect
- Spectral Delay effect for guitar
- Guitar effects chain
- Polyphonic synth using phase vocoder
- Reversed tape / Violin effect for guitar
- Detuning delay